While the rest of us were enjoying Christmas dinner and yuletide festivities with our families, our Rail and Specialist team were busy undertaking critical infrastructure works while the rail network was closed.
More than 100 members of our team supported by subcontractors, fitters, managers and our Health & Safety team, completed back-to-back shifts to achieve the following works:
- Three undertrack crossings (UTX) at Hitchin across four tracks on the ECML, one of the fastest and busiest routes in the UK, to enable important signalling work to take place
- 188m of pre-augered sheet piles for Small Dean Viaduct as part of HS2
- CHS piling at Radyr Station for electrification of the Core Valley Lines in Wales
- CHS piling on the Midland Main Line to enable critical electrification work
- Helical Screw Piles to support slab track of a section of rail at Kentish Town (pictured above)
- Sheet piling and UTX at Medge Hall
- 34 SFA Piles (510LM) for platform replacement work at West Horndon Station on days and nights
All works were delivered either on time or ahead of schedule, safely and successfully demonstrating our expertise to customers, many of whom visited their site during the works.
Find out more about our infrastructure capabilities here or read our latest case studies here.