Since 2000, when ScrewFast Foundations reintroduced steel-based helical piles and driven piling techniques to the market, we have produced steel-based foundations from our dedicated factory in Gamlingay, South Cambridgeshire and Kirkby-in-Ashfield in Nottinghamshire.
The team produce project-specific designed steel helical piles, connection details and grillages as an alternative to concrete foundations and pile caps. Our final designs are converted into 3D models for further integration into the clients federated model.
The ISO accredited production facility has been continually developed and improved to enable the manufacture of high-quality steel helical piles, top hat connections and grillages.
We continually strive for the development and improvement of the quality of our steel fabrication products.
Key capabilities of the steel fabrication facilities
- Two 6te cranes at one facility and four 2te cranes in the other facility
- Both facilities have CNC Mills and Band Saws
- Both facilities have large yard storage with easy access for transport collection/deliveries
- Dedicated and professional teams of Platers and Welders, all qualified in multiple joint types to BS EN ISO 9606-1
What are the advantages of steel fabrication?
- Factory quality assurance includes full traceability for all fabrications and corrosion protection, including CE marking with QA packs provided to customer specifications and requests. The dedicated team is made up of Fabrication Inspectors, internal and external, qualified to CSWIP 3.1, PCN Level 2/3 MPI and UT as well as ICORR and Post Galvanising
- Promotes sustainable construction – aligned to modern methods of construction
- Off-set manufacture with just in time delivery
- Versatile – can be designed in different sizes to suit individual projects
- Grillages are designed as modular elements that are scalable and easily extended
Grillages and piles manufactured and corrosion protected to the following standards:
- ISO 9001:2015
- National Highways Sector Scheme 20
- National Highways Sector Scheme 19A
- BS EN 1090-1:2009+A1:2011 up to EXC 3 according to BS EN 1090-2:2018
- BS EN ISO 3834-2:2005
We also use sub-contractors for coating applications to the following standards:
- EN ISO 1461 (Hot Dipped Galvanising)
- National Highways Sector Scheme 19a (Grit Blasting and Painting)