Ground Improvement includes a range of techniques which aim to strengthen the ground conditions to allow for construction and development to take place above.
What is ground improvement commonly used for?
Suitable for variable ground conditions including weak and compressible soils, our ground improvement techniques are ideal for preparing the ground for the construction of warehouses, industrial and commercial sheds, infrastructure projects and residential developments.
The techniques Van Elle offer are:
- Vibro Stone Columns
- Rigid Inclusions
- Track Bed Stabilisation
What are the advantages of ground improvement?
- Improved bearing capacity
- Reduction in total & differential settlement
- Significant savings over piling
- Bearing capacities of up to 200kN/m2 achievable
- Displacement system – limited / minimal spoil
- Sustainable solution which can be constructed using recycled aggregates
- Fast process – suitable for any size site
Recent case studies
Crewe | HS2 | Grangemouth